Skip to main content

We're Calling It A Vacation

but we all know that's not what we'll be calling it when we get back. The husband and I are taking our heathens loverly children to the Dells for a week. Grandma Dorothy had a time share and instead of losing the week, my father in law offered it to us. We decided to do this place because really, who wants to fly with the aforementioned children? Not me, that's for damn sure.

In theory, we have the following on the idea board whilst frolicking in the winter wonderland of central Wisconsin: Snow tubing, igloo making (that's what the boy calls it), swimming (indoors of course, we aren't that insane), snowball fights, grilling outside, sledding, etc.

In what I like to call reality, we have the following on call for us: meltdowns, crying, snowballs in the face, meltdowns, falling off sleds, crying, knocked over walls in igloos, meltdowns, DVDs not working, she won't share the Wii, he hit me, meltdowns.

Positive thinking isn't doing shit for me.

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts.

It'll be fun. Really, it will be. I have the video camera and digital camera packed. Well, that's not true, I haven't got shit packed. That's what tomorrow is for: laundry, packing for four people for 8 days, working a shift in the evening and not forgetting anything. Oh yes, tomorrow is going to be F-U-N fun.

Wish me luck.


oh yeah, I'm making an attempt at 365 Blogging. How sincere that attempt is remains to be seen. If I've read the "rules" correctly, I can "old school" blog on paper and post it when I get back to civilization. Good times, they're all good times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help, I Need Somebody, Help, Not Just Anybody, Heeeeeelp!

So yeah, there's a lot of crap on that side of the page ya know? ~~~~~> I want to make this three columns wide. Two smalls on the sides and one large for my useless words and thoughts. I need to move some of that crap somewhere else and I'd rather the somewhere else not be the garbage. I'm still in Blogger. I have no clue how to go about getting my own domain name, what is a good cost, who to trust. So please, help a bloggin' sister out. Any helpful advice, tips, paths in the right direction would be AWESOME! I don't mind paying someone to hook me up. I would like to note however, I don't have one of those magical money trees. Thanks folks. I heart you all.* *except you people who come here for the Doodlebops sans makeup. I mean I like that I have "a lot"** of traffic but it's really rather depressing when 70% of it is from that alone. Christ, what else is out there to boost the traffic? Johnny does the Sprites and there is video? **and by a lo...

This, That and The Other

I can already tell that Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to suck ass even more than it normally would at my job. Last night, a guy was telling me how much he gave me, how much he was supposed to get back and THEN told me what order to give it back to him in. Um? Sir? I'm not a twit, ok, I am a twit, but I'm not an idiot. Ok, sometimes I can be. Like that time I moved up to Wisconsin in the middle of a blizzard from nice, warm Tucson, AZ for a dumb boy and we broke up less than two months later. Yeah that sucked but my point is: I've been in retail, just about every job one could have except store manager, for about oh, 19 years. I think I know what I'm doing when it comes to giving change back. Don't talk to me like I'm a 16 yr old kid who's working his first job and doesn't give a shit what kind of work ethic he has. I care about you as a customer but when you're a dick to me and pissing off everyone in my line so they are dicks to me ? Well, ...

Trish Needs.......

I did this cause of Suzi, whose page I read religiously - check her out here . I'm going with the top 30 Google responses to "Trish needs" because SO many of them are related to wrestling of which I am a fan but not capable of doing without killing myself and/or the other person (unless it's the husband in bed but we won't go there. No. We won't. His sister reads this! Hi Steph!) I've decided to add commentary where I feel it's needed because, well, because I can. 1. Trish needs to always be in control of the situation and her men (amen to that my friends) 2. Trish needs to get this card off as soon as possible 3. Trish needs to do some serious damage control 4. Trish needs your help (help packing, help mentally, help with laundry, help with Monkey Boy, etc) 5. Trish needs to come to OPS and talk to all counselors & supervisors 6. Trish needs a makeover ( I don't think it's THAT bad!) 7. Trish needs an intervention (I do not have an Oreo pr...