Skip to main content

Mini-soh-ta, Don'tchya Know? Eh?

We just returned from a weekend trip to the Twin Cities and LaCrosse. Got new tires on the Explorer! YAY! No more duh duh duh duh duh as we drive. No more stress for me to listen to it. The 6 hour drive almost killed me. Finally got to see the townhome that Stephanie, Dakota, PJ, Lindsey and the kids have. Very nice. I wanna live in one just like it. It's so big and spacious. And air conditioned. Yes! We got in to Mom and Dad's around 1am Sat morning and Donovan didn't go back to sleep until 3am. Guess what time he got up. Just guess. 6 AM PEOPLE. I don't do 6am and he knows this. Thank goodness my mother in law does 6am. She is a saint for putting up with that child at the hours she did. I thank her so much for that!

On Sun, Kirk's aunt and uncle and cousins from Reno stopped by to visit - they were flying home that night. I walked into the backyard at the inlaw's and Lynnea almost killed herself trying to get off the bench to come see me. I missed her so much! Donovan got drenched in the water hose and had fun with that. The humidity got the better of us and off we went to the Wise/Peterson Abode. We left from there for LaCrosse and got in about midnight (sorry Gramma Patty). Got to spend time with Georgia today and had fun. Saw some old friends and co workers at the store. Then off we were yet again, this time for home. Yeah for us!

I need to buy stock in Hallmark (again). I think I told you all about the bundle of cards I had to purchase last month for birthdays, anniversaries and Father's Day. Last week Lindsey's mom had a heart attack and quadruple bypass surgery. She is doing well now and is home resting. I must call Ally and get their address. My cousin's wife was her ICU nurse for a day, she was really nice to them. That's good. I always said Eric got lucky with Becky. She's good people.

Then Friday we got a call from Kirk's cousin that Grampa H had a mild heart attack that morning and was in the hospital. They were going to put the stints in that night but for whatever reason (that no one knows), they left the catheter to his heart in his leg overnight (yeowch) and finished in the morning. He's doing well and should be home today or tomorrow. By the by, I don't think you can call ANY heart attack "mild". Just can't do it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Has To Be Said

I haven't blogged in 8 months. We bought a house, still unpacking, school started. You know, life. I felt the need, the urgent need to blog about the Adrian Peterson situation today. I am full of all sorts of feelings and had to write about it. I would love to hear your thoughts on this whole thing. No really, I would. I don't feel I was a douchebag in my writing so all I ask is you not be a douchebag in your response. Thanks. My thoughts on the Adrian Peterson situation (but first, some backstory): I was spanked as a child. I'm pretty sure most of us that grew up in the 80s were. Until the summer between 5th and 6th grade I lived in Charelston, SC and from 6th to 11th grade, North Chicaco, IL. I have seen every form of discipline doled out on a child. I've seen spankings, beatings, hairbrushes smacked into heads, spoons hitting the tops of heads, whips, belts and even switches. I've seen it all. Most of you know that my son is named after a little boy who

This, That and The Other

I can already tell that Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to suck ass even more than it normally would at my job. Last night, a guy was telling me how much he gave me, how much he was supposed to get back and THEN told me what order to give it back to him in. Um? Sir? I'm not a twit, ok, I am a twit, but I'm not an idiot. Ok, sometimes I can be. Like that time I moved up to Wisconsin in the middle of a blizzard from nice, warm Tucson, AZ for a dumb boy and we broke up less than two months later. Yeah that sucked but my point is: I've been in retail, just about every job one could have except store manager, for about oh, 19 years. I think I know what I'm doing when it comes to giving change back. Don't talk to me like I'm a 16 yr old kid who's working his first job and doesn't give a shit what kind of work ethic he has. I care about you as a customer but when you're a dick to me and pissing off everyone in my line so they are dicks to me ? Well,

Get Your Motor Running

Something fabulous happened this week. Glorious even. Spectacular. Heaven Sent. (ok that one may be stretching it a bit). I am no longer a stay at home mom with the potential to go crazy because I can't get out of the house with the kids until the husband comes home from work and that could be 1pm or 6pm, it's a crapshoot. My husband has to drive all over the Twin Cities and the surrounding areas to see his customers for work. We have a gas guzzling Explorer that I love (minus the whole gas guzzling part of course). He's put a couple thousand (maybe three or four) on that thing since starting his job in Nov. I was griping to my therapist about how I feel trapped at home. I'm not me anymore. I don't know what I like anymore if it doesn't involve one of the kids. I hated that this was happening. Wow, I sure do go on tangents. (My ex once told me that he has to run mentally to keep up with me conversationally. So true) Last week, we up and got ourselves this bad b