Skip to main content

What Are You Looking At? I Drool, So What?




Such the diva in training she is. She doesn't care who sees her drool. In fact, she doesn't care who she drools on. A second tooth is cutting right now and she's not a happy camper. Mamma's not a happy camper. Donovan IS a happy camper though shockingly.

Kirk and I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Last night. Loved it, though the squirrel scene is a touch disturbing but that's all I'll say. It certainly was funnier than I thought it would be. It made me love Johnny Depp even more (if that were possible). Kirk's off to see War of the Worlds tonight with PJ and some guys from work. I want to see that one too. I still like Tom Cruise so long as he's not talking about Katie Holmes (who will always be little Joey Potter to me) or post partum depression. Like I've heard several women and some men say, until he births a child, he has no place telling those of us who have that depression can be cured by exercise and vitamins.

First of all, exercise? What the hell is that? People have time for that? Energy for that? Not this mom. Vitamins? You want me to take vitamins when I'm down and out? When I had raging strep throat (3 or 4 times in high school) I took my 10 day meds for 2. That's right TWO DAYS. Never more, never less. I couldn't remember to take my prenatals everyday and those are far more important than vitamins for the Joe Schmo. I know, I know vitamins ARE good for some people and hey, more power to you but if I'm depressed and there are no serious side effects and a doctor I trusts says these will make you happy? SIGN ME UP. I'll say what others have said, Stick to movies, Tom Cruise. You're better at that (for now). If they have children I truly hope she doesn't get PPD because it sucks. You feel helpless and alone and scared. Him telling her to take the vitamins and exercise could earn him a punch in the face. Or that could just be what he would get from me.

Wow. Where did all of that come from? For the record, I love men. Just not ones who think they know all there is about something they could NEVER experience. I don't see women going around explaining exactly what a man's orgasm feels like. I would like to say though, if I were a man for a day, I would have sex with a woman just to see what they go through. I'd also pee. A lot.

Comments

Darth Daddy said…
HAHAHAHA

First off, your litle one takes adorable pics! My 9 month old was cutting 3 or 4 teeth at a time, and drooled like a faucet. We had to keep a bib on him thru the day, just to keep his clothes dry.

Squawking is the way to speel it.

And, if you dont mind be saying this, male orgasm can best be described to the opposite sex by watching a womens soft ball game. The pitcher steps up to the mound, stares to receive the right signals, starts in motion, and BAM---the speed of the pitching arm goes ZOOOM...then, just as fast as it started, the pitch is over. Cept that the female pitcher doesn't crave pizza after every pitch.

Shannon
Darth Daddy said…
I noticed that you havent posted anything after I posted my comment. Hope I didnt say anything wrong!

Shannon
Mama said…
No no you didn't - this is the first time I've been able to sit at the desk for more than 2 minutes. I'm an ex Navy Brat, I'm very hard to offend =0)

Popular posts from this blog

This Has To Be Said

I haven't blogged in 8 months. We bought a house, still unpacking, school started. You know, life. I felt the need, the urgent need to blog about the Adrian Peterson situation today. I am full of all sorts of feelings and had to write about it. I would love to hear your thoughts on this whole thing. No really, I would. I don't feel I was a douchebag in my writing so all I ask is you not be a douchebag in your response. Thanks. My thoughts on the Adrian Peterson situation (but first, some backstory): I was spanked as a child. I'm pretty sure most of us that grew up in the 80s were. Until the summer between 5th and 6th grade I lived in Charelston, SC and from 6th to 11th grade, North Chicaco, IL. I have seen every form of discipline doled out on a child. I've seen spankings, beatings, hairbrushes smacked into heads, spoons hitting the tops of heads, whips, belts and even switches. I've seen it all. Most of you know that my son is named after a little boy who

This, That and The Other

I can already tell that Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to suck ass even more than it normally would at my job. Last night, a guy was telling me how much he gave me, how much he was supposed to get back and THEN told me what order to give it back to him in. Um? Sir? I'm not a twit, ok, I am a twit, but I'm not an idiot. Ok, sometimes I can be. Like that time I moved up to Wisconsin in the middle of a blizzard from nice, warm Tucson, AZ for a dumb boy and we broke up less than two months later. Yeah that sucked but my point is: I've been in retail, just about every job one could have except store manager, for about oh, 19 years. I think I know what I'm doing when it comes to giving change back. Don't talk to me like I'm a 16 yr old kid who's working his first job and doesn't give a shit what kind of work ethic he has. I care about you as a customer but when you're a dick to me and pissing off everyone in my line so they are dicks to me ? Well,

Get Your Motor Running

Something fabulous happened this week. Glorious even. Spectacular. Heaven Sent. (ok that one may be stretching it a bit). I am no longer a stay at home mom with the potential to go crazy because I can't get out of the house with the kids until the husband comes home from work and that could be 1pm or 6pm, it's a crapshoot. My husband has to drive all over the Twin Cities and the surrounding areas to see his customers for work. We have a gas guzzling Explorer that I love (minus the whole gas guzzling part of course). He's put a couple thousand (maybe three or four) on that thing since starting his job in Nov. I was griping to my therapist about how I feel trapped at home. I'm not me anymore. I don't know what I like anymore if it doesn't involve one of the kids. I hated that this was happening. Wow, I sure do go on tangents. (My ex once told me that he has to run mentally to keep up with me conversationally. So true) Last week, we up and got ourselves this bad b