Skip to main content

My Time Has Come To An End

Tonight was my last night at work. I cried a couple times. Well, once because of a couple that I'm going to miss more than I can possibly put into words. The other time was when I was telling Sarah that because of the car*, I wasn't going to be able to go out with the girls next week. She said, and this is a direct verbatim quote, "Oh hell no! I've been looking forward to going out and drinking with you!" Apparantly now some of the girls are going to go in together to liquor me up and when I said no they said shut up. So there. I love my girls.

Now that I'm no longer working at the store....some tidbits if I may. I still have to be careful because I will be transferring to a different corporate store and even though I haven't worked there yet, I still like my job. For now. Onto the good stuff:

Praise the Lord Almighty that the store in Minnesota doesn't sell alcohol. Thank you, thank you and thank you. No more carding 80 yr old men for their gin.

Thank you arragont, cocky, self serving bagger boy for not pissing me off tonight. You would have been crying if you had said one thing to me. I wouldn't have touched you but there would have been tears. And there would be photos posted for all the world to see.

An elderly woman was being questioned for shoplifting and while a report was being written up, she turned sideways, took a tiny bottle of brandy out of her coat and started boozing it up. True story.

I was 6 minutes late for work. You're written up for anything after 5 minutes late. Honestly, I wasn't trying to be late my last day. I think that was my 8th time in the last year (and let's look at that.....8 times in a year. I work 6 days a week. That's less than once a month. Still sounds like a lot though. 8 times.) When you get 8 of them, you're suspended for the next two scheduled shifts. Damn! I hate when that happens. Oh wait. That's right. I have no more shifts. I'm going to have to sign a write up when I turn in my uniform. I know I'll laugh the whole time I'm signing it.

3AM folks. Do you see what's wrong here?

Heard on Amazing Race: The Florida team (widow and 3 kids) was crossing the longest bridge, in Louisiana, and the mom told the kids that the lake they were crossing, in Louisiana, was one of the Great Lakes. One. Of. The. Great. Lakes. In Louisiana.

Said in the breakroom tonight by me and Steve is proclaiming it one of the best quotes ever: "I would make an awesome drug addict." We were talking about people freaking out with needles and whatnot. I mentioned that my husband passed out once when blood was being drawn (his veins are buried). I just happened to mention that I have fat, plump veins. I have veins an addict would kill for. Or die for. You choose. Just don't kill me.

There was so much more I wanted to "say" but dammit. I forgot. Oh well, Monkey Boy is going to Gima and Papa's tomorrow and Peanut and I will be home packing. I have a schedule and plan, I just need to stick to it. We'll see how THAT goes. HA!

* The tabs on our Explorer have been expired for 11 months now. Kirk got a ticket FINALLY (not that I was hoping for one but a YEAR? It was due.)That's $160 right there and to register it in Minn will cost us "no more than $189".That's what the Minn DMV website said. "no more than". Way to narrow that down sparky. Thanks. Well that my friends ($160 and "no more than $189") is my whole check for this week. Thanks Dad for fronting me some drinking/cleaning/drinking while cleaning money. You rock. I say that to him as if he will ever read this. He never will and I can safely say that. I share way more info than he wants when I call him. This stuff is tame compared to the calls. More gross "you won't believe what YOUR grandchild did today" stuff. Yeah, I have fun on those calls.



My friend Dave at work, sorry Mary, I didn't mean to get you in mid blink. Dave's the bitch in the backroom. He knows it, he likes it, he misses it on his days off. I told him I would post this and he didn't believe me. Ha! Oh ye of little faith. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Has To Be Said

I haven't blogged in 8 months. We bought a house, still unpacking, school started. You know, life. I felt the need, the urgent need to blog about the Adrian Peterson situation today. I am full of all sorts of feelings and had to write about it. I would love to hear your thoughts on this whole thing. No really, I would. I don't feel I was a douchebag in my writing so all I ask is you not be a douchebag in your response. Thanks. My thoughts on the Adrian Peterson situation (but first, some backstory): I was spanked as a child. I'm pretty sure most of us that grew up in the 80s were. Until the summer between 5th and 6th grade I lived in Charelston, SC and from 6th to 11th grade, North Chicaco, IL. I have seen every form of discipline doled out on a child. I've seen spankings, beatings, hairbrushes smacked into heads, spoons hitting the tops of heads, whips, belts and even switches. I've seen it all. Most of you know that my son is named after a little boy who

This, That and The Other

I can already tell that Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to suck ass even more than it normally would at my job. Last night, a guy was telling me how much he gave me, how much he was supposed to get back and THEN told me what order to give it back to him in. Um? Sir? I'm not a twit, ok, I am a twit, but I'm not an idiot. Ok, sometimes I can be. Like that time I moved up to Wisconsin in the middle of a blizzard from nice, warm Tucson, AZ for a dumb boy and we broke up less than two months later. Yeah that sucked but my point is: I've been in retail, just about every job one could have except store manager, for about oh, 19 years. I think I know what I'm doing when it comes to giving change back. Don't talk to me like I'm a 16 yr old kid who's working his first job and doesn't give a shit what kind of work ethic he has. I care about you as a customer but when you're a dick to me and pissing off everyone in my line so they are dicks to me ? Well,

Trish Needs.......

I did this cause of Suzi, whose page I read religiously - check her out here . I'm going with the top 30 Google responses to "Trish needs" because SO many of them are related to wrestling of which I am a fan but not capable of doing without killing myself and/or the other person (unless it's the husband in bed but we won't go there. No. We won't. His sister reads this! Hi Steph!) I've decided to add commentary where I feel it's needed because, well, because I can. 1. Trish needs to always be in control of the situation and her men (amen to that my friends) 2. Trish needs to get this card off as soon as possible 3. Trish needs to do some serious damage control 4. Trish needs your help (help packing, help mentally, help with laundry, help with Monkey Boy, etc) 5. Trish needs to come to OPS and talk to all counselors & supervisors 6. Trish needs a makeover ( I don't think it's THAT bad!) 7. Trish needs an intervention (I do not have an Oreo pr