Skip to main content

Prosthetic Toes and Penile Implants

The kids got up this morning at 6am. Little poops. My mom was up too so I didn't want to saddle her with the urchins and I crawled off the couch. I need to clarify, it was a two cushion small loveseat. I wasn't paying attention when I put Monkey Boy to bed last night and gave him the big couch. So when peanut woke up at 2am (I had been sleeping for all of an hour) she and I had to smoosh on the small one. Not fun according to my back and neck.

My aunt from Antigo came down to watch Monkey Boy so Kirk and I could take Peanut to see Papa. He is breathing so much better today. The tap came back with a very high white cell count which means an infection. Duh. He was getting another MRI type scan done at noon so the nurse was asking him about neck injuries (they are scanning his neck). One of the questions was "Do you have any artificial limbs?" My dad laughed and said no but my husband said "He has an artificial toe". My dad thought he said something smart assy but when the husband told him what was said, dad almost fell off the bed laughing. The nurse pointed to a question and asked for a yes or no. He laughed and said no but he would take one for real cheap. I looked at the nurse and said, "Are you asking if he has a penile implant?" She said she didn't want to embaress him in front of his daughter to which my dad, husband and I all started laughing so much. Yeah that's my family.

At any rate, he's doing ok for now. He's still on oxygen and pain meds. He's so doped up sometimes. He loved seeing Peanut and we're still contemplating taking Monkey Boy up there. If he makes some miraculous recovery in the next 24 hours, he can go home Monday but that ain't happening and he knows it. He had an incident with his right eye today. He blinked and when he opened his eye (he was standing by the window for his once a day view) he couldn't see anything. Then there was a burst of blue, then white, no shapes. Very odd. They are thinking maybe a blocked artery in his neck. Hopefully before we leave tomorrow night, we'll know more. If, God forbid, he takes a turn for the worse, the husband and Monkey Boy will go home tomorrow and Peanut and I will stay.

Ok it's nap time around here. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Has To Be Said

I haven't blogged in 8 months. We bought a house, still unpacking, school started. You know, life. I felt the need, the urgent need to blog about the Adrian Peterson situation today. I am full of all sorts of feelings and had to write about it. I would love to hear your thoughts on this whole thing. No really, I would. I don't feel I was a douchebag in my writing so all I ask is you not be a douchebag in your response. Thanks. My thoughts on the Adrian Peterson situation (but first, some backstory): I was spanked as a child. I'm pretty sure most of us that grew up in the 80s were. Until the summer between 5th and 6th grade I lived in Charelston, SC and from 6th to 11th grade, North Chicaco, IL. I have seen every form of discipline doled out on a child. I've seen spankings, beatings, hairbrushes smacked into heads, spoons hitting the tops of heads, whips, belts and even switches. I've seen it all. Most of you know that my son is named after a little boy who

This, That and The Other

I can already tell that Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to suck ass even more than it normally would at my job. Last night, a guy was telling me how much he gave me, how much he was supposed to get back and THEN told me what order to give it back to him in. Um? Sir? I'm not a twit, ok, I am a twit, but I'm not an idiot. Ok, sometimes I can be. Like that time I moved up to Wisconsin in the middle of a blizzard from nice, warm Tucson, AZ for a dumb boy and we broke up less than two months later. Yeah that sucked but my point is: I've been in retail, just about every job one could have except store manager, for about oh, 19 years. I think I know what I'm doing when it comes to giving change back. Don't talk to me like I'm a 16 yr old kid who's working his first job and doesn't give a shit what kind of work ethic he has. I care about you as a customer but when you're a dick to me and pissing off everyone in my line so they are dicks to me ? Well,

Trish Needs.......

I did this cause of Suzi, whose page I read religiously - check her out here . I'm going with the top 30 Google responses to "Trish needs" because SO many of them are related to wrestling of which I am a fan but not capable of doing without killing myself and/or the other person (unless it's the husband in bed but we won't go there. No. We won't. His sister reads this! Hi Steph!) I've decided to add commentary where I feel it's needed because, well, because I can. 1. Trish needs to always be in control of the situation and her men (amen to that my friends) 2. Trish needs to get this card off as soon as possible 3. Trish needs to do some serious damage control 4. Trish needs your help (help packing, help mentally, help with laundry, help with Monkey Boy, etc) 5. Trish needs to come to OPS and talk to all counselors & supervisors 6. Trish needs a makeover ( I don't think it's THAT bad!) 7. Trish needs an intervention (I do not have an Oreo pr