Skip to main content

Get Your Motor Running

Something fabulous happened this week. Glorious even. Spectacular. Heaven Sent. (ok that one may be stretching it a bit). I am no longer a stay at home mom with the potential to go crazy because I can't get out of the house with the kids until the husband comes home from work and that could be 1pm or 6pm, it's a crapshoot.

My husband has to drive all over the Twin Cities and the surrounding areas to see his customers for work. We have a gas guzzling Explorer that I love (minus the whole gas guzzling part of course). He's put a couple thousand (maybe three or four) on that thing since starting his job in Nov. I was griping to my therapist about how I feel trapped at home. I'm not me anymore. I don't know what I like anymore if it doesn't involve one of the kids. I hated that this was happening. Wow, I sure do go on tangents. (My ex once told me that he has to run mentally to keep up with me conversationally. So true) Last week, we up and got ourselves this bad boy. I'm going to sound like a blithering idiot for the next few moments but please keep in mind the following:

1. I've never owned a car remotely as nice and yummy looking as this one.
2. I feel like it should be on CRIBS but without the house tour.

Seriously, we love this car. It has all leather interior, a cd player that we don't have to plug in anywhere, a center console in the back in case the kids need to set down their beers and chips and the trunk? My sister in law, Fluffy, calls it the Sopranos Trunk. I think you could put Pussy, Adriana AND Ralphie in there. It's HUGE. It has anchor thingies for the car seats so when we drive to Iowa in June, I can mark that off my list of things to worry about. (#127 out of oh, roughly, 673 is checked off) The car rocks. Then Murphy came a knocking. The check engine light came on the day after we got it and we really got worried when we couldn't get ahold of our salesguy at the dealership. It came with a 3 day/300 mile warranty and yeah, third day here. Mechanics are on strike so we have to take it in to some other place tomorrow and have them take a look at it. Hopefully it's nothing big. We won't have to pay for it but still, I don't want anything big needing to be fixed already. That would totally burst my gargantuan happy bubble, I would cry for days at the thought of being stuck in the house even longer and the man would not get to "watch a movie" with me and people, the man needs to watch a movie. A mini-series would be great.

Comments

Les Becker said…
Congrats on the new wheels! Will you be driving to Canuckia this summer, now, for the big "Blogger Bike-About"...? Sure you will!
Unknown said…
yay! congrats!!!
Anonymous said…
Congrats on the new house. Since you seem confused, I will remind you of some of the things you love!

1) Your family
2) Your friends (including me:)
3) Sopranos
4) Music
5) Talking with people from all walks of life!
6) Movies

And that was off the top of my head!
Anonymous said…
New house? I meant car. Why can I not think without coffee surging through my veins!?!?
Mama said…
Les - I'll have to run that one past the husband though it probably won't fly because it won't be hockey season.

G - thanks hon!

Sarah - Thanks for reminding me of what I like. I would need to take the Sopranos off just cause I didn't see any of the last season and none of this one (can't exactly watch it here at home and I don't want to drag the kids over to Steph's every Sun night - that's no fun for me or them or Steph LOL)

Sarah - Dammit and I thought for a moment there maybe I did have a house and Kirk just forgot to tell me so that it would be a surprise. Hmph.
Anonymous said…
You have the perfect house waiting for you - you just have to find it. Maybe it was just a premonition!

Popular posts from this blog

This Has To Be Said

I haven't blogged in 8 months. We bought a house, still unpacking, school started. You know, life. I felt the need, the urgent need to blog about the Adrian Peterson situation today. I am full of all sorts of feelings and had to write about it. I would love to hear your thoughts on this whole thing. No really, I would. I don't feel I was a douchebag in my writing so all I ask is you not be a douchebag in your response. Thanks. My thoughts on the Adrian Peterson situation (but first, some backstory): I was spanked as a child. I'm pretty sure most of us that grew up in the 80s were. Until the summer between 5th and 6th grade I lived in Charelston, SC and from 6th to 11th grade, North Chicaco, IL. I have seen every form of discipline doled out on a child. I've seen spankings, beatings, hairbrushes smacked into heads, spoons hitting the tops of heads, whips, belts and even switches. I've seen it all. Most of you know that my son is named after a little boy who

This, That and The Other

I can already tell that Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to suck ass even more than it normally would at my job. Last night, a guy was telling me how much he gave me, how much he was supposed to get back and THEN told me what order to give it back to him in. Um? Sir? I'm not a twit, ok, I am a twit, but I'm not an idiot. Ok, sometimes I can be. Like that time I moved up to Wisconsin in the middle of a blizzard from nice, warm Tucson, AZ for a dumb boy and we broke up less than two months later. Yeah that sucked but my point is: I've been in retail, just about every job one could have except store manager, for about oh, 19 years. I think I know what I'm doing when it comes to giving change back. Don't talk to me like I'm a 16 yr old kid who's working his first job and doesn't give a shit what kind of work ethic he has. I care about you as a customer but when you're a dick to me and pissing off everyone in my line so they are dicks to me ? Well,