Skip to main content

So Tired But Excited

Monkey Boy and his drugged up Mamma
So yeah these meds are great. Until they made me sick. Blech. I don't mind the "feeling a buzz" action, I kinda dig it but the "I almost lost my lunch in front of people at the post office"? Not so much. I've gotten to where I take the medicine with food no matter if it says I don't have to. Before I had kids I could take the tylenol with codeine on an empty stomach. Not anymore. I will say though that my back doesn't hurt as much. I don't take anything if I'm going to be driving anywhere. Since it hurts like the dickens when I don't take anything, I don't tend to go far or often. Tomorrow though is a big day.

My sister in law, Fluffy, and I are volunteering at the Mall of America for the Susan G. Komen Foundation. The Race For The Cure is going on this Sunday but we're going to help out with the Kid's Fun Run. Since my Gramma died from breast cancer and an aquaintance of ours just found out she has it, I wanted to do something to honor these two women plus the thousands of other survivors and family members who have lost a loved one. I know I couldn't finish the run but I knew I would love helping with the kids. I wanted to spend some time with Fluffy too and this was something we both care about so what a great plan. We'll be out at the MOA from 1-5 tomorrow (hopefully) having a great time. The weather better hold up nice.

Monkey Boy was laying in Daddy's lap and they were rocking in the glider rocker.

Me: "Monkey Boy, don't fall asleep, it's too late for a nap buddy."
Monkey Boy: "Mommy, I so tired. I tired Mommy."
Me (seeing his eyes are closed): "Are you faking it?"
MB (in his serious/accusing tone of voice): "Nooo."

We were all giggling and laughing for the next ten minutes. That boy cracks us up. How he can keep a serious look on his face when he knows he's being a smart ass is beyond me. Then he and his dad make funny faces at each other and Monkey Boy always wins the "who can make the other laugh the most" contest. All he does is an exaggerated frown, almost like he's trying to pull the corners of his mouth down (without using his hands). Daddy cracks up every single time. I'm talking tears in the eyes laughing. I need to get it on video for my 6 or 7 readers.

Speaking of my readers: Thank you so much for all the comments. I love getting them and they make me laugh so much. It's nice to have validation from others. I'm trying to get to everyone's blogs. I get sidetracked by my kids a lot and come back to the computer trying really hard to recall where I was going. Rarely do I get that thought back. So I do appreciate it though and I'm trying. Don't forget to check out Flickr and the kids. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms, grammas, great grammas and steps. I know it's early but I doubt I will remember to blog this weekend. (I say that and now I'm gonna have 5 posts by Mon morning. Sheesh.) Anyway, have a good one!!

I would like to point out that I did not do this to Peanut's hair. That would be her father's doing. I will, however, be the one showing it to the entire world

Comments

Les Becker said…
I love coming to your blog, now that Kyla is pretty much old enough to (in her words) not need the "Smother-Mother" as much. I miss the days when she was small enough to crawl up on my lap or crawl into my bed. That little tiny girl from only yesterday still manages to crawl into my heart, though, and I just want to squish her back down to toddler-size. Now, instead, I get to come here and admire your babies, so thank you for being here.
graymama said…
Love reading your blog!

It is really nice of you to volunteer on Mother's Day weekend. It is great that you are teaching your children to pay it forward :-)

Happy Mother's Day!

PS I had those sheep sheets on my bed when I was a kid :-)
Anonymous said…
AW, you changed the name! That is why Peanuts hair is standing up!
The Komen foundation is a great one. I'm doing some fundraising for the cause myself.

ps - I miss the old name too.
Les Becker said…
I can't believe I never noticed the name change...! (Told you I come here every hour....)
graymama said…
I miss the old name, too!

Popular posts from this blog

This Has To Be Said

I haven't blogged in 8 months. We bought a house, still unpacking, school started. You know, life. I felt the need, the urgent need to blog about the Adrian Peterson situation today. I am full of all sorts of feelings and had to write about it. I would love to hear your thoughts on this whole thing. No really, I would. I don't feel I was a douchebag in my writing so all I ask is you not be a douchebag in your response. Thanks. My thoughts on the Adrian Peterson situation (but first, some backstory): I was spanked as a child. I'm pretty sure most of us that grew up in the 80s were. Until the summer between 5th and 6th grade I lived in Charelston, SC and from 6th to 11th grade, North Chicaco, IL. I have seen every form of discipline doled out on a child. I've seen spankings, beatings, hairbrushes smacked into heads, spoons hitting the tops of heads, whips, belts and even switches. I've seen it all. Most of you know that my son is named after a little boy who

This, That and The Other

I can already tell that Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to suck ass even more than it normally would at my job. Last night, a guy was telling me how much he gave me, how much he was supposed to get back and THEN told me what order to give it back to him in. Um? Sir? I'm not a twit, ok, I am a twit, but I'm not an idiot. Ok, sometimes I can be. Like that time I moved up to Wisconsin in the middle of a blizzard from nice, warm Tucson, AZ for a dumb boy and we broke up less than two months later. Yeah that sucked but my point is: I've been in retail, just about every job one could have except store manager, for about oh, 19 years. I think I know what I'm doing when it comes to giving change back. Don't talk to me like I'm a 16 yr old kid who's working his first job and doesn't give a shit what kind of work ethic he has. I care about you as a customer but when you're a dick to me and pissing off everyone in my line so they are dicks to me ? Well,

Get Your Motor Running

Something fabulous happened this week. Glorious even. Spectacular. Heaven Sent. (ok that one may be stretching it a bit). I am no longer a stay at home mom with the potential to go crazy because I can't get out of the house with the kids until the husband comes home from work and that could be 1pm or 6pm, it's a crapshoot. My husband has to drive all over the Twin Cities and the surrounding areas to see his customers for work. We have a gas guzzling Explorer that I love (minus the whole gas guzzling part of course). He's put a couple thousand (maybe three or four) on that thing since starting his job in Nov. I was griping to my therapist about how I feel trapped at home. I'm not me anymore. I don't know what I like anymore if it doesn't involve one of the kids. I hated that this was happening. Wow, I sure do go on tangents. (My ex once told me that he has to run mentally to keep up with me conversationally. So true) Last week, we up and got ourselves this bad b