Skip to main content

Big Brother Is Watching

All Stars baby!! I signed up for the live feeds and oh am I excited. It's a little boring now what with them "getting to know each other" even though we've seen them all on the show before. It's gonna be interesting as the game goes on. I'll hold off on who I think will win until we get going a little more.

Two days off from work and I have to say, I kinda missed it. Sad, I know.

Monkey Boy has decided that he's "going ghost" all the time now. Usually when he's being punished. It's fun let me tell you. :::rolling eyes:::

Little Miss Peanut needs to reign her inner diva in right now. If she ain't happy, no one is. It's not pretty.

My husband's cousin, The Big B, stopped by today with his other grandparents on his way back to the airport. Monkey Boy told him to get out of his house. That prompted the first "We love all of our family and we welcome them in our house" speech. Then he told ME to get out. I just keep reminding myself that he's 3 1/2 and gets overstimulated when new people are in the picture. By the way, I need some help oh loverly internet. Does anyone know how to get him to stop unbuckling his seatbelt whilst I'm driving and there's no reasonable place to pull off the road and rebuckle, threaten then discipline him? He did it three times today and I about lost my mind. We were just getting ready to leave the bank (drive thru) and thank goodness no one was behind us because he decided he wanted to do it all by himself. For five. solid. minutes. No lie. Finally he asked for help and all was good in the world. Until we got to the stoplight by home then he did it again. He asked for help right away but the light was just getting ready to turn green and I couldn't. He cried (good) for a couple minutes til we got home. I need something to keep him buckled that isn't going to be complicated for The Captain, BTNWHWNF, and I to use. So I am asking you, my faithful 4, no 5 (Hi GrayMama!), readers for advice. Please help a motha out. Thanks.

Since I'm in an asking mood, here's another one: I need a nickname. Well, ok I don't really. Everyone used to call me freak but not cause I was an outcast (or was it?). I think it's cause I just say what comes to mind and sometimes, frankly, it's disturbing/sassy/off the wall/wierd. That's ok, I own my eccentricities.

Tomorrow on Look Busy.......

  • What happens when you park your car 4 feet from the pump and The Captain and his dad pull up in the truck and trailer?
  • How many cars can you fit on a small residential road?
  • A recap of BB7 (I'll keep them short)

Comments

graymama said…
You could show Monkey Boy some pictures of mangled children from car accidents, or do you think that would be too harsh? :-P

We finally stopped Buddy from doing this because we gave him a couple extra minutes before a car ride to just play with the buckle. It only took about a week, and now if we offer to let him play with it, he gets the "as if, mommy" face.
Les Becker said…
The only thing I can think of is a carseat, but at 3 1/2 he may be big for one...?

Popular posts from this blog

This Has To Be Said

I haven't blogged in 8 months. We bought a house, still unpacking, school started. You know, life. I felt the need, the urgent need to blog about the Adrian Peterson situation today. I am full of all sorts of feelings and had to write about it. I would love to hear your thoughts on this whole thing. No really, I would. I don't feel I was a douchebag in my writing so all I ask is you not be a douchebag in your response. Thanks. My thoughts on the Adrian Peterson situation (but first, some backstory): I was spanked as a child. I'm pretty sure most of us that grew up in the 80s were. Until the summer between 5th and 6th grade I lived in Charelston, SC and from 6th to 11th grade, North Chicaco, IL. I have seen every form of discipline doled out on a child. I've seen spankings, beatings, hairbrushes smacked into heads, spoons hitting the tops of heads, whips, belts and even switches. I've seen it all. Most of you know that my son is named after a little boy who

This, That and The Other

I can already tell that Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to suck ass even more than it normally would at my job. Last night, a guy was telling me how much he gave me, how much he was supposed to get back and THEN told me what order to give it back to him in. Um? Sir? I'm not a twit, ok, I am a twit, but I'm not an idiot. Ok, sometimes I can be. Like that time I moved up to Wisconsin in the middle of a blizzard from nice, warm Tucson, AZ for a dumb boy and we broke up less than two months later. Yeah that sucked but my point is: I've been in retail, just about every job one could have except store manager, for about oh, 19 years. I think I know what I'm doing when it comes to giving change back. Don't talk to me like I'm a 16 yr old kid who's working his first job and doesn't give a shit what kind of work ethic he has. I care about you as a customer but when you're a dick to me and pissing off everyone in my line so they are dicks to me ? Well,

Get Your Motor Running

Something fabulous happened this week. Glorious even. Spectacular. Heaven Sent. (ok that one may be stretching it a bit). I am no longer a stay at home mom with the potential to go crazy because I can't get out of the house with the kids until the husband comes home from work and that could be 1pm or 6pm, it's a crapshoot. My husband has to drive all over the Twin Cities and the surrounding areas to see his customers for work. We have a gas guzzling Explorer that I love (minus the whole gas guzzling part of course). He's put a couple thousand (maybe three or four) on that thing since starting his job in Nov. I was griping to my therapist about how I feel trapped at home. I'm not me anymore. I don't know what I like anymore if it doesn't involve one of the kids. I hated that this was happening. Wow, I sure do go on tangents. (My ex once told me that he has to run mentally to keep up with me conversationally. So true) Last week, we up and got ourselves this bad b