Skip to main content

Just The Shallow End Today

No deep thinking for me please. I don't have enough room in my head for another migraine. I stole this post idea from one of my favorites, Mocha Momma. She cracks me up and since she stole it from someone else, I know she won't mind me doing the same. I have to admit that I kinda like memes, provided the questions are varied. It's irritating getting some and finding that all of them have at least 9 of the same questions. At any rate, here we go:


1. Flip to page 18, paragraph 4 - in the book closest to you right now, what does it say?
"There was a stone planter on the front porch, as well as a rocking chair and a Pepsi machine. The county had enough money back then to air-condition the jail, but it was a window unit, not central air-conditioning." Marked For Death by Brian Karem (I really like reading true crime and I don't know why)

2. If you stretch out your left arm as far as possible, what are you touching?
The brown sectional couch and most times, one of my kids.

3. What’s the last program you watched on TV?
I watched part of True Life this morning but a full episode of something? Uh probably Spongebob or Fairly OddParents

4. Without looking, guess what time it is.
1:49 p.m. (1:19 darn it)

5. Aside from the computer, what can you hear right now?
Coral and Spongebob laughing and talking about the new name of theKrusty Krab

6. When was the last time you were outside and what did you do?
I went to my store last night to get milk and pies and put the girl to sleep (didn't work, she was awake for a couple more hours).

7. What are you wearing?
Turtle jammie pants (thanks Linds) white shirt, Old Navy hoodie, Dale Jr. socks.

8. Did you dream last night? If you did, what about?
Yes I dreamt that my son was playing with my watch and stopped the time on it. I woke up and saw that it was 5:55 and bright and sunny. Something's not right here. He actually had been playing with my, while it was on me, while I was asleep. Freaky ass dreams.

9. When was the last time you laughed?
This morning when Peanut was trying to walk like a penguin. It was more like a duck, a drunk duck.

10. What’s on the walls, in the room you’re in right now?
Lots of duck paintings, speaking of ducks. Some loon paintings, a wolf one and let's see, behind me is.....a framed photo collage of some barren tree in the desert. Dude, I live with my inlaws. Ask them.

11. Have you seen anything strange lately?
Refer to yesterday's post w/ the guy running with his motorcycle. Hilarity.

12. What do you think about this meme?
It's helping me with today's post so it works for me.

13. What’s the last film you saw?
I saw Flushed Away a couple weekends ago with the kidlets and Captain.

14. If you became a multimillionaire, what would you do with the money?
I would put some away for my kids and my friends' kids for college, pay off my parents' and in-laws' debt as well as my own. Then I would build my dream house on land that would passed down for generations. Then travel. I could go on and on here really.

15. Tell us something about yourself that most people don’t know.
I'm pretty much an open book. I don't think most people really know who I am. I don't let too many in.

16. If you could change ONE THING in this world, without regarding politics or bad guilt, what would it be?
Everyone would be rid of hatred/indifference.

17. Do you like dancing?
I can chair dance

18. George Bush?
I don't think it would be a good idea to go there. And not the reason ya'll think either.*

19. What do you want your children’s names to be, girl/boy?
I've got that done already.

20. Would you ever consider living abroad?
I would love to again (I was in Germany twice).

21. What do you want God to tell you, when you come to heaven?
What were you thinking?

22. Who should do this meme?
Whoever wants to.

*I really like Mocha's answer though

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Has To Be Said

I haven't blogged in 8 months. We bought a house, still unpacking, school started. You know, life. I felt the need, the urgent need to blog about the Adrian Peterson situation today. I am full of all sorts of feelings and had to write about it. I would love to hear your thoughts on this whole thing. No really, I would. I don't feel I was a douchebag in my writing so all I ask is you not be a douchebag in your response. Thanks. My thoughts on the Adrian Peterson situation (but first, some backstory): I was spanked as a child. I'm pretty sure most of us that grew up in the 80s were. Until the summer between 5th and 6th grade I lived in Charelston, SC and from 6th to 11th grade, North Chicaco, IL. I have seen every form of discipline doled out on a child. I've seen spankings, beatings, hairbrushes smacked into heads, spoons hitting the tops of heads, whips, belts and even switches. I've seen it all. Most of you know that my son is named after a little boy who

This, That and The Other

I can already tell that Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to suck ass even more than it normally would at my job. Last night, a guy was telling me how much he gave me, how much he was supposed to get back and THEN told me what order to give it back to him in. Um? Sir? I'm not a twit, ok, I am a twit, but I'm not an idiot. Ok, sometimes I can be. Like that time I moved up to Wisconsin in the middle of a blizzard from nice, warm Tucson, AZ for a dumb boy and we broke up less than two months later. Yeah that sucked but my point is: I've been in retail, just about every job one could have except store manager, for about oh, 19 years. I think I know what I'm doing when it comes to giving change back. Don't talk to me like I'm a 16 yr old kid who's working his first job and doesn't give a shit what kind of work ethic he has. I care about you as a customer but when you're a dick to me and pissing off everyone in my line so they are dicks to me ? Well,

Trish Needs.......

I did this cause of Suzi, whose page I read religiously - check her out here . I'm going with the top 30 Google responses to "Trish needs" because SO many of them are related to wrestling of which I am a fan but not capable of doing without killing myself and/or the other person (unless it's the husband in bed but we won't go there. No. We won't. His sister reads this! Hi Steph!) I've decided to add commentary where I feel it's needed because, well, because I can. 1. Trish needs to always be in control of the situation and her men (amen to that my friends) 2. Trish needs to get this card off as soon as possible 3. Trish needs to do some serious damage control 4. Trish needs your help (help packing, help mentally, help with laundry, help with Monkey Boy, etc) 5. Trish needs to come to OPS and talk to all counselors & supervisors 6. Trish needs a makeover ( I don't think it's THAT bad!) 7. Trish needs an intervention (I do not have an Oreo pr