Skip to main content

Mr. Moviephone Must Die

I just wanted to know how much the ticket would be for the two year old. That's all. I already know when the movie will be showing, where the theatre is located and other such things that I really don't give a rat's patootey about. How much are ya gonna milk me for the toddler who probably won't see 1/2 of the flick? I didn't find out til we got to the place.*

My son has been raving about Flushed Away ever since the previews started showing on the tv. He has never been to the movies because hi, Mommy has enough stress going on all day everyday and to toss in the movies with the two kidlets is like tossing her in with the lions ala Gladiator. (If Joaquin was there though, I would be ok). Let me tell you right now:

I don't know who those children were and what they did with mine but they can come see us anytime. These kids sat down and were quiet, quiet!, in the theatre for 9/10 of the movie. At the end they both wanted to see it again. We had one stinky diaper and one potty break but I'm fairly certain I missed no important plot points. Peanut was singing this** as we were leaving and in that moment, I had to pause and give thanks that at least one of my kids my eclectic taste in music.

As we were putting coats on I asked Monkey Boy if he was ready for his big adventure to continue and he got so stinkin' excited. It was great. If he could go anywhere in the world right now, where would he go? Well where else dumb ass Mom?? Here of course! Sheesh.

A couple hours in playland, a couple nuggets, some fries and we were good to go. Mommy took a nap when we got home but not the kids. No, that would make too much sense.



Vikings/Packers

12:05 kickoff
GO VIKINGS!!

Don't let me down Vikes! Zach and I will be the only ones wearing The Purple at work Sun for the game. Don't make us look like fools like last week though Zach was the one wearing the Culpepper jersey. By choice. I'll stick with John Randle thanks.




*5 each no matter how old we were @ the matinee.
** Try not to laugh at :30, 1:11 or 1:49. Please. And if you manage to not laugh then you have zero sense of humor. I love the man but oh. my. god. The Captain just watched it because I was convulsing in tears and laughter, he says he will never be the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Has To Be Said

I haven't blogged in 8 months. We bought a house, still unpacking, school started. You know, life. I felt the need, the urgent need to blog about the Adrian Peterson situation today. I am full of all sorts of feelings and had to write about it. I would love to hear your thoughts on this whole thing. No really, I would. I don't feel I was a douchebag in my writing so all I ask is you not be a douchebag in your response. Thanks. My thoughts on the Adrian Peterson situation (but first, some backstory): I was spanked as a child. I'm pretty sure most of us that grew up in the 80s were. Until the summer between 5th and 6th grade I lived in Charelston, SC and from 6th to 11th grade, North Chicaco, IL. I have seen every form of discipline doled out on a child. I've seen spankings, beatings, hairbrushes smacked into heads, spoons hitting the tops of heads, whips, belts and even switches. I've seen it all. Most of you know that my son is named after a little boy who

This, That and The Other

I can already tell that Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to suck ass even more than it normally would at my job. Last night, a guy was telling me how much he gave me, how much he was supposed to get back and THEN told me what order to give it back to him in. Um? Sir? I'm not a twit, ok, I am a twit, but I'm not an idiot. Ok, sometimes I can be. Like that time I moved up to Wisconsin in the middle of a blizzard from nice, warm Tucson, AZ for a dumb boy and we broke up less than two months later. Yeah that sucked but my point is: I've been in retail, just about every job one could have except store manager, for about oh, 19 years. I think I know what I'm doing when it comes to giving change back. Don't talk to me like I'm a 16 yr old kid who's working his first job and doesn't give a shit what kind of work ethic he has. I care about you as a customer but when you're a dick to me and pissing off everyone in my line so they are dicks to me ? Well,

Trish Needs.......

I did this cause of Suzi, whose page I read religiously - check her out here . I'm going with the top 30 Google responses to "Trish needs" because SO many of them are related to wrestling of which I am a fan but not capable of doing without killing myself and/or the other person (unless it's the husband in bed but we won't go there. No. We won't. His sister reads this! Hi Steph!) I've decided to add commentary where I feel it's needed because, well, because I can. 1. Trish needs to always be in control of the situation and her men (amen to that my friends) 2. Trish needs to get this card off as soon as possible 3. Trish needs to do some serious damage control 4. Trish needs your help (help packing, help mentally, help with laundry, help with Monkey Boy, etc) 5. Trish needs to come to OPS and talk to all counselors & supervisors 6. Trish needs a makeover ( I don't think it's THAT bad!) 7. Trish needs an intervention (I do not have an Oreo pr