- The Captain sent me an email titled "Your Worst Fears Have Come True" followed by:
It's official. The Mall of America is teaming up with Nickelodeon to be the face of its amusement park formerly known as Camp Snoopy. Mall officials announced Wednesday morning that they have signed a branding-rights deal with Nickelodeon, a cable TV network for children. The deal means that popular characters from Nickelodeon cartoons, including SpongeBob SquarePants, Dora the Explorer and Jimmy Neutron, will replace Peanuts and the Gang as the mall's mascots.
Please someone shoot me now. If my kids catch sight of that place, I will be a permanent resident of the MOA. Seriously.
- Peanut does indeed have a UTI. It only took 3 doctors visits and 4 different docs to tell us this. I'm so unsatisfied with the treatment (or lack thereof) that she received there. When your doc won't even acknowledge that maybe, just maybe, mom is right? That's the clue to get a new pediatrician.
- Peanut was yelling yesterday "I don't want to play with you anymore. Please be quiet!" She was talking to a book.
- Monkey Boy said "Thanks for doing the work" when I carried him up to bed the other night. Last night he fell out of bed and was crying "I just have to eat the egg. I just have to!" For the record, I don't force eggs on them. Really.
- We're supposed to get over a foot of snow tomorrow and Friday. I may be crying those days because I have a fabulous trip planned to LaCrosse for the weekend, leaving Friday morning. I've got some friends to see that I haven't seen in months (some of them in a couple years) and I've got a couple tattoos I'm getting. My cousin, god I miss her and think of her so much, crappy marriage and whatnot. I'm really gonna be upset if I can't see her and her son. Bah! No snow. Bring on global warming!!
Doozy customer letter coming later today if the Peanut goes down for the count and I get rid of this UFC bout with my tummy.