Skip to main content

Last Saturday On ER.....

Our scene opens with me sleeping soundly after conquering insomnia. The time is 430 am. Enter stage left, The Peanut. I was woken up to the sounds of what I surely thought was a rottweiler preparing to attack me. That or it was a bad dream at Sea World. I thought I heard a raspy "Mama" come forth but ignored it because I always wait for a second call. Oh I got that call. She coughed in my ear and hence, the dog/Sea World thoughts came forth. I just about lost my shit. I didn't know what the hell was going on. Scariest damn sound right next to hearing your kid screaming in legitimate, I think I broke a bone, pain. I jumped out of bed, scooped her up and almost peed myself. Guess ya gotta go when ya gotta go. I wrapped her up in her favorite blanket and sat her in the hallway so I could do my thing that had to be done or there would be even more drama. She wasn't happy but hey, Mama's gotta pee sometimes too ya know.

My mother in law came upstairs and said that it didn't sound good at all what was going on. Now when my mother in law says that, I know it's serious. She doesn't over react to those types of things like I do. (Can we say 3 separate times (in two weeks) I thought I has strep and no, it was a cold? Yeah.) I got her calmed down, refreshed her juice and she rocked with Gramma while I called the nurse then insurance to see where the nearest Urgent Care was. Went in and told The Captain we needed to take her to the ER and he said OK and got up only to almost headbutt me and fall over with a charlie horse. We apparently don't wake up well in this family. Found out where to take her and got her in a new sleeper, new juice again and grabbed the blanket, Care Bear, Woody and two babies. All necessities if you want the sick one to be happy in the car. Went to tell The Captain we were ready and he was asleep. Yes, he went back to sleep. I don't know if he thought he was having a nightmare or what. Maybe when he peed after getting up, it wiped out his last 5 minutes of memory? Could happen.

Got him functional and off we went to the hospital. Conveniently the same one that Great Gramma was in for a few days last month. At least we knew how to get there fast. By the time we got there, he and I were sick of the VeggieTales CD and she was feeling tons better. They still gave her a dose of the steroid medicine to help with the swelling under the vocal box. She was quite the hit there - charming everyone and getting whatever she wanted. We were there for approx 30 minutes (wow) and left with a purple ladybug balloon (currently residing just above the ceiling fan). We also left with our first case of croup. It's a nasty bad thing. I never want to hear that sound again from her. Scared me to death.

So our episode ends happily, as they all should. The Peanut is back to her crabby patty bossy self and no one else has gotten the croup from her. Whew.


Mandy said…
HAHAHA... so i was literally laughing out loud picturing you thinking you are being attacked by a rottweiler or visiting a horrifying seaworld. but my dad was giving me weird looks... so the laughing slowly stopped.

also... your eye candy of the week is not that fabulous... may i suggest the sexy james lafferty, who plays nathan on one tree hill? he is definately eye candy!! yumm.

Popular posts from this blog

One Of These Things Is Not Like The Other

When was the first time that you realized that your home was not like other people’s homes? 

My house has always been different from other houses. I don't think I could narrow it down to a particular time. I recall not having friends stay over. Ever. I always stayed at all my friends' houses and called their moms "Mom".

Not a lot of my friends were only children so to them, I was the odd duck. Believe me, I *was* the odd duck. Just for a myriad of other reasons.

Having a family of my own, I really see the differences in houses. We are more relaxed with some things that would not fly in other houses. It gets loud in our house. Extremely loud. If I stopped them from being loud all the time, I wouldn't get a single thing done. I tend to jump in right away when the kids are arguing because it can, and will, quickly snowball into WWIII and someone (or both) will be crying. We let our son play the Wii, computer or DS for far longer than other parents or even the "…


Please do not ask me to email photos out, I get entirely too many requests for them. These are the ones that I have at home, thanks to a couple of sources.

This Has To Be Said

I haven't blogged in 8 months. We bought a house, still unpacking, school started. You know, life. I felt the need, the urgent need to blog about the Adrian Peterson situation today. I am full of all sorts of feelings and had to write about it. I would love to hear your thoughts on this whole thing. No really, I would. I don't feel I was a douchebag in my writing so all I ask is you not be a douchebag in your response. Thanks.

My thoughts on the Adrian Peterson situation (but first, some backstory):
I was spanked as a child. I'm pretty sure most of us that grew up in the 80s were.Until the summer between 5th and 6th grade I lived in Charelston, SC and from 6th to 11th grade, North Chicaco, IL. I have seen every form of discipline doled out on a child. I've seen spankings, beatings, hairbrushes smacked into heads, spoons hitting the tops of heads, whips, belts and even switches. I've seen it all.Most of you know that my son is named after a little boy who died from c…