Skip to main content

We Get Some Good Ones Too

Sometimes, my customers remind me why I like my job. The cookie dough orders for the boy's preschool fundraiser came in today and I took some to work for those that were working tonight. I was telling two of the guys in Deli that their orders were in the freezer. The one that hadn't paid yet was getting some lighthearted grief from me. I know where you work buddy, pony up the dough (ha! I'm so punny - OK I'll stop now). The other one, who calls me mom cause he wants me to adopt him (he's 18), he was helping a nice lady and she was inquiring where the cookie dough came from. I think she wanted some because the boys were excited that it was in. At any rate, I told her what it was for and that I had to scramble last minute to get orders because I forgot the forms were in my purse. For two weeks. On the night before the orders and money were due, I got about 15 orders. I work with some great people who like my kid.

This customer asked how much the orders were for the guys and I said I wasn't sure (really, I don't recall, I can't remember what I ate earlier today). I jokingly asked if she wanted to buy the dough from them and she said yes. I thought she meant she wanted to buy the dough that was in the freezer and then they wouldn't have any all because SHE wanted some (did that make sense? Probably not) No. She wanted to pay what they paid because they were nice kids to help my son's fundraising. I told her no, I didn't know how much it was and really, it's OK. She didn't have to do that. She was so insistent but I prevailed. I know, I should have just guesstimated* and the boy would have had an extra $30 or so to donate but I didn't. She was so gracious and kind, really made me smile. My cheeks were hurting so much because she was "arguing" with me about it. It was fun. She passsed by me awhile later on her way to check out and asked again, "Are you sure you don't know how much it was?" and I laughed and said no, I didn't. I thanked her many times though for her kindness. I love customers like that. Good hearted people, that show it, are few and far between.

Right before I left work tonight, JudyJudyJudy was ringing a fella up and I looked at his order. Then he said what I was thinking: "I know, odd combination. Condoms and cheese. Necessities you know." I just about died.

Sometimes this work thing? It's fun.

*who knew that guesstimate was a legit word? and spellcheck suggested Conneticut in place of JudyJudyJudy. It also recommended TicTacToe for her as well. Um, no.

Comments

Les Becker said…
Condoms and cheese? I see that all the time.
Mandy said…
first of all... who says its cause we like your kid? maybe we just wanted some cookie dough?! haha joking i love your kids.

and... i CANT believe that guy said that! hahaha i would have peed myself. apparently i need to start working late nights!
Anonymous said…
COOKIE DOUGH YAY! I will have to come by tomorrow after work and pick it up :)

Fluffy

Popular posts from this blog

This Has To Be Said

I haven't blogged in 8 months. We bought a house, still unpacking, school started. You know, life. I felt the need, the urgent need to blog about the Adrian Peterson situation today. I am full of all sorts of feelings and had to write about it. I would love to hear your thoughts on this whole thing. No really, I would. I don't feel I was a douchebag in my writing so all I ask is you not be a douchebag in your response. Thanks. My thoughts on the Adrian Peterson situation (but first, some backstory): I was spanked as a child. I'm pretty sure most of us that grew up in the 80s were. Until the summer between 5th and 6th grade I lived in Charelston, SC and from 6th to 11th grade, North Chicaco, IL. I have seen every form of discipline doled out on a child. I've seen spankings, beatings, hairbrushes smacked into heads, spoons hitting the tops of heads, whips, belts and even switches. I've seen it all. Most of you know that my son is named after a little boy who

This, That and The Other

I can already tell that Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to suck ass even more than it normally would at my job. Last night, a guy was telling me how much he gave me, how much he was supposed to get back and THEN told me what order to give it back to him in. Um? Sir? I'm not a twit, ok, I am a twit, but I'm not an idiot. Ok, sometimes I can be. Like that time I moved up to Wisconsin in the middle of a blizzard from nice, warm Tucson, AZ for a dumb boy and we broke up less than two months later. Yeah that sucked but my point is: I've been in retail, just about every job one could have except store manager, for about oh, 19 years. I think I know what I'm doing when it comes to giving change back. Don't talk to me like I'm a 16 yr old kid who's working his first job and doesn't give a shit what kind of work ethic he has. I care about you as a customer but when you're a dick to me and pissing off everyone in my line so they are dicks to me ? Well,

Trish Needs.......

I did this cause of Suzi, whose page I read religiously - check her out here . I'm going with the top 30 Google responses to "Trish needs" because SO many of them are related to wrestling of which I am a fan but not capable of doing without killing myself and/or the other person (unless it's the husband in bed but we won't go there. No. We won't. His sister reads this! Hi Steph!) I've decided to add commentary where I feel it's needed because, well, because I can. 1. Trish needs to always be in control of the situation and her men (amen to that my friends) 2. Trish needs to get this card off as soon as possible 3. Trish needs to do some serious damage control 4. Trish needs your help (help packing, help mentally, help with laundry, help with Monkey Boy, etc) 5. Trish needs to come to OPS and talk to all counselors & supervisors 6. Trish needs a makeover ( I don't think it's THAT bad!) 7. Trish needs an intervention (I do not have an Oreo pr