Skip to main content

What's That You Say?

I love my 'Boys.*

Next year my son will be joining the class of 2021. That will be 30 years after I've graduated. Yeah, that looking like a teenager thing isn't sounding so bad right now.

First major S-N-O-W storm is supposed to be coming on Saturday. That's right, I spelled it out. It's a bad four letter word. Other "spell only" words are chocolate, Yo Gabba Gabba, Wii, Boxing and School.

The boy broke my heart as I was leaving preschool today. He didn't want me to leave (always) and I don't know how to help him with the transition. Well, any transition that goes smoothly is a huge win in my book (a book that is chock full of sad, pathetic losses my friends). His teachers told me to just go and they would handle him. I was crying when I left. I hate when I do that. The other moms are looking at me or even worse, some are looking at him and you see on their faces what they are thinking. Kinda hard to hide that look of disgust lady. Them looking at me or him (esp him) that way hurts just as much as if they were to say what was on their minds. I want to punch people like that. Really.

After that lovely debacle at school, I decided against a nap for me and the girl and we did some retail therapy. Two pairs of jeans, two books for me, pink grip jackets for the 2nd controller and nunchuk, Dora and Boots shoes (for $3.74) for the girl, new workout shoes - yep, I feel better. That book aisle though is E-V-I-L. I always buy something or some things. This time I got The Pact as well as The Tenth Circle. Both by Jodi Picoult. I also have about 4 others by her that are sitting on/in/near my desk as we speak, er, type, er read. I'm one of those people that would flip out if I didn't have something to read at all times, ya know, just in case I get bored and can't go on a computer. I've been known to bring three books (all new, never started) on a one day trip somewhere. If I know we're going to be in the car for more than 45 minutes at one time, I'm bringing a book. Unless I'm driving because that would be, what's the word? Oh yeah, CRAZY! My brother in law used to read while driving. I don't know how he did it either. I think one of the ones he read like that was Atlas Shrug. That's a big paperback to be hugging the wheel with. Talent. Some people have it. Clearly, not me.

Les? Sorry 'bout the pimple. On you upper lip. Really. I am. I don't feel so alone now. bwahahaha

* I don't want to hear a thing about how they never would of won if Favre was in the game the whole time. Just shush and take the loss people. It's OK. It was bound to happen at sometime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Has To Be Said

I haven't blogged in 8 months. We bought a house, still unpacking, school started. You know, life. I felt the need, the urgent need to blog about the Adrian Peterson situation today. I am full of all sorts of feelings and had to write about it. I would love to hear your thoughts on this whole thing. No really, I would. I don't feel I was a douchebag in my writing so all I ask is you not be a douchebag in your response. Thanks. My thoughts on the Adrian Peterson situation (but first, some backstory): I was spanked as a child. I'm pretty sure most of us that grew up in the 80s were. Until the summer between 5th and 6th grade I lived in Charelston, SC and from 6th to 11th grade, North Chicaco, IL. I have seen every form of discipline doled out on a child. I've seen spankings, beatings, hairbrushes smacked into heads, spoons hitting the tops of heads, whips, belts and even switches. I've seen it all. Most of you know that my son is named after a little boy who

This, That and The Other

I can already tell that Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to suck ass even more than it normally would at my job. Last night, a guy was telling me how much he gave me, how much he was supposed to get back and THEN told me what order to give it back to him in. Um? Sir? I'm not a twit, ok, I am a twit, but I'm not an idiot. Ok, sometimes I can be. Like that time I moved up to Wisconsin in the middle of a blizzard from nice, warm Tucson, AZ for a dumb boy and we broke up less than two months later. Yeah that sucked but my point is: I've been in retail, just about every job one could have except store manager, for about oh, 19 years. I think I know what I'm doing when it comes to giving change back. Don't talk to me like I'm a 16 yr old kid who's working his first job and doesn't give a shit what kind of work ethic he has. I care about you as a customer but when you're a dick to me and pissing off everyone in my line so they are dicks to me ? Well,

Trish Needs.......

I did this cause of Suzi, whose page I read religiously - check her out here . I'm going with the top 30 Google responses to "Trish needs" because SO many of them are related to wrestling of which I am a fan but not capable of doing without killing myself and/or the other person (unless it's the husband in bed but we won't go there. No. We won't. His sister reads this! Hi Steph!) I've decided to add commentary where I feel it's needed because, well, because I can. 1. Trish needs to always be in control of the situation and her men (amen to that my friends) 2. Trish needs to get this card off as soon as possible 3. Trish needs to do some serious damage control 4. Trish needs your help (help packing, help mentally, help with laundry, help with Monkey Boy, etc) 5. Trish needs to come to OPS and talk to all counselors & supervisors 6. Trish needs a makeover ( I don't think it's THAT bad!) 7. Trish needs an intervention (I do not have an Oreo pr