Skip to main content

Pretty Accurate

So I'm killing time and letting my brain settle down so that I can sleep and did one of those survey/quiz thingies* that are all over the web. I've never heard of an enneagram so I was intrigued. (apparently it's this and really, that's way too many words for me to read and break down so I'll just skip to my results - a partial list as it was really too long if I wanted to comment on them and comment I will!)

Your Enneagram type is SIX (aka "The Loyalist") "I am affectionate and skeptical"

Questioners are responsible, trustworthy, and value loyalty to family, friends, groups, and causes. Their personalities range broadly from reserved and timid to outspoken and confrontative.

How to Get Along with Me
Be direct and clear. I think this is a DUH one.
Listen to me carefully. Again, duh
Reassure me that everything is OK between us. This is a huge one for me, dead on accurate. I'm one of those people who likes to make sure we're kosher. All the time.
Laugh and make jokes with me.
Try not to overreact to my overreacting. Bwahahaha, that should be a button for me!

What I Like About Being a SIX
being committed and faithful to family and friends
being responsible and hardworking
being compassionate toward others
having intellect and wit You know it! (insert sarcasm here)
being a nonconformist not so true, I'm a known caver to make everyone else happy.
confronting danger bravely Has anyone been near me when I'm up high somewhere? Yeah, you're allowed to laugh hysterically at that one.
being direct and assertive Not so much most of the time

What's Hard About Being a SIX
the constant push and pull involved in trying to make up my mind amen!
procrastinating because of fear of failure; having little confidence in myself ditto
fearing being abandoned or taken advantage of I wouldn't call it a fear but I'm aware that it most likely will happen (the taken advantage of part)
wishing I had a rule book at work so I could do everything right Hell we have a rule book and I'll be damned if I follow half of it and it's only because those other rules are stupid. You know, I know it.
being too critical of myself when I haven't lived up to my expectations True that

SIXes as Children Often
are friendly, likable, and dependable, and/or sarcastic, bossy, and stubborn And I'm proud to say I've passed those traits on to my children, especially the last three. Especially with my 3 yr old daughter.
form a team of "us against them" with a best friend or parent I was too afraid of my dad to pull that against him but I would manipulate sometimes and get him on my side to piss my mom off. Hey, it's right there in The Teenage Girl's Guide To Effectively Killing Any Relationship With Your Mom Before You Move Out. It's true.
look to groups or authorities to protect them and/or question authority and rebel again, I was a wimpy kid, no rebelling here however, I did hang with the stoner/metal heads in high school because I felt that no one would bug them (and they didn't). I miss that crowd.
are neglected or abused, come from unpredictable or alcoholic families, and/or take on the fearfulness of an overly anxious parent I've totally got the paranoia and anxiety from my mother. Her little gift to me. Thanks ma.

SIXes as Parents
are often loving, nurturing, and have a strong sense of duty I can make fun of my kids and call them brats but if someone else does it? Someone not in my family? Oh hell to the naw.
are sometimes reluctant to give their children independence most days this is so true, I would just rather do it myself but then again, if I ever want time to myself (HA!), I should boot camp train them. They do know how to make peanut butter sammiches and switch the TV over to play the Wii (which takes 2 remotes and several button pushes).
worry more than most that their children will get hurt not an issue here, if they are not knocked out, bleeding or have a bone sticking out, I hug them and tell them to suck it up. Sometimes I laugh. You know you've done it too.
sometimes have trouble saying no and setting boundaries has anyone met my kids? I fall into the "almost lets them get away with murder sometimes because I just don't feel like being a mom right. at. this. moment." category.

I would have to say that this one was pretty accurate. Most times they are so general and it drives me insane. Well, lots of shit drives me insane but that's a whole slew of posts there.

*I signed up with my junk email address because I'll prolly never go there again. I usually don't do these test thingies what with generalities I mentioned before.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just took the test, and I was a 9-The peacemaker. Pretty much right on the nose with that one!

Popular posts from this blog

This Has To Be Said

I haven't blogged in 8 months. We bought a house, still unpacking, school started. You know, life. I felt the need, the urgent need to blog about the Adrian Peterson situation today. I am full of all sorts of feelings and had to write about it. I would love to hear your thoughts on this whole thing. No really, I would. I don't feel I was a douchebag in my writing so all I ask is you not be a douchebag in your response. Thanks. My thoughts on the Adrian Peterson situation (but first, some backstory): I was spanked as a child. I'm pretty sure most of us that grew up in the 80s were. Until the summer between 5th and 6th grade I lived in Charelston, SC and from 6th to 11th grade, North Chicaco, IL. I have seen every form of discipline doled out on a child. I've seen spankings, beatings, hairbrushes smacked into heads, spoons hitting the tops of heads, whips, belts and even switches. I've seen it all. Most of you know that my son is named after a little boy who

This, That and The Other

I can already tell that Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to suck ass even more than it normally would at my job. Last night, a guy was telling me how much he gave me, how much he was supposed to get back and THEN told me what order to give it back to him in. Um? Sir? I'm not a twit, ok, I am a twit, but I'm not an idiot. Ok, sometimes I can be. Like that time I moved up to Wisconsin in the middle of a blizzard from nice, warm Tucson, AZ for a dumb boy and we broke up less than two months later. Yeah that sucked but my point is: I've been in retail, just about every job one could have except store manager, for about oh, 19 years. I think I know what I'm doing when it comes to giving change back. Don't talk to me like I'm a 16 yr old kid who's working his first job and doesn't give a shit what kind of work ethic he has. I care about you as a customer but when you're a dick to me and pissing off everyone in my line so they are dicks to me ? Well,

Trish Needs.......

I did this cause of Suzi, whose page I read religiously - check her out here . I'm going with the top 30 Google responses to "Trish needs" because SO many of them are related to wrestling of which I am a fan but not capable of doing without killing myself and/or the other person (unless it's the husband in bed but we won't go there. No. We won't. His sister reads this! Hi Steph!) I've decided to add commentary where I feel it's needed because, well, because I can. 1. Trish needs to always be in control of the situation and her men (amen to that my friends) 2. Trish needs to get this card off as soon as possible 3. Trish needs to do some serious damage control 4. Trish needs your help (help packing, help mentally, help with laundry, help with Monkey Boy, etc) 5. Trish needs to come to OPS and talk to all counselors & supervisors 6. Trish needs a makeover ( I don't think it's THAT bad!) 7. Trish needs an intervention (I do not have an Oreo pr