Ten Places I've Lived/Been To
- Tucson, AZ - How I miss the
warmhot hot hot weather. It's true what they say, it's a dry heat and I'll take that over god awful humidity any day.
- Ventura, CA - One glorious summer in the 80s. Had a chance to see Vinnie Vincent Invasion whilst living there. I was 14, he was 17 and unfortunately, I was afraid of being squished in a mosh pit. At a Vinnie Vincent Invasion concert.
- Iowa - many many summers were spent with Gramma in her podunk small town. One stoplight that blinks at 9pm. Got married there. Good times for the city folk, that's for sure.
- Munich, Germany - I graced the world with my presence in good ol' Munich. Yes, my mother gave me beer in my bottle. No lie.
- Great Lakes, IL - Military brats, unite.
- The Hague, Netherlands - Pot cafes, red light district, lots of PDA from passersby. Interesting day trip.
- Charleston, SC - Met my best friend when I was three. We're still very close to this day. We talk a couple times a year, see each other every few years. It's my turn to go see her.
- Hollywood Beach, FL - my honeymoon, I was pregnant, husband was recovering from back surgery, it rained a lot. Wheelchairs don't scoot well in the sand.
- Norfolk, VA - rumor has it I crayon colored on the walls of the military housing unit a few hours before we moved to SC. I was three. I believe it.
- LaCrosse, WI - Home sweet home. It's actually Onalaska but you get sick of people saying, "You live ON Alaska?" And they're serious.
Ten Songs Overplayed (Willingly) On My iPod
- Your Rain - Akira Ymaoka
- Murder on the Dance Floor - Sophie Ellis-Bextor
- Addicted - Kelly Clarkson
- Break Your Heart - Barenaked Ladies
- You're Gone - Diamond Rio
- When I First Kissed You - Extreme
- When I Get You Alone - Thicke
- I'll Never Tell - Xander and Anya
- Because The Night - 10,000 Maniacs
- Welcome Home (Sanitarium) - Metallica
Ten Things About My Kids (You May or May Not Know)
- My newest one will be the only one of the three born in Minnesota. Sorry kiddo.
- My son will talk your ear off about Mario Brothers, the game, the movie, the cartoon, anything associated with them.
- My son is proficient at finding things online. Information, videos, if he can Google it and you spell it out, he'll get it for you. I didn't teach him this. He just turned 6 and has been doing this for a year.
- If my daughter deems you worthy of her presence, she will love you forever. Full force, running hugs. Chattering away about her latest communist takeover in the over. If you doesn't speak a word or look at you, sorry.
- Both of my children had issues right after they were born. Fast deliveries don't allow for fluids in the lungs to be pushed out so they had breathing issues. She was in NICU for 12 hours. We were lucky.
- My son can tell you if you're watching CSI Vegas, Miami or NY. Seems
weI watch a bit of that series.
- My son has many things, one of which is Oppositional Defiance Disorder. It's fun.
- My daughter on the other hand, she's a red headed dictator.
- My son can find every naughty Mario video out there and somehow claim it's a nice one. He was telling me about a "good one, not violent" in which Mario was wearing a pink bra and underwear. Um. First of all, he doesn't wear pink, he doesn't wear a bra and while I hope he wear underwear, I hope it's not pink. To say we monitor the YouTube viewing now would be accurate.
- Both of my children make me want to hug them, squeeze them and keep them in a cage forever and also gouge my eyes out with a hot poker. All at the same time.
Ten Things About My Wedding/Marriage
- We got married in the same church as my parents and the same church that most of the family funerals were held in.
- It was about 196 degrees, 157% humidity and no air conditioning.
- I had a maid of honor, matron of honor and 4 bridesmaids.
- I talk to two of them all the time, one of them I haven't spoken to or seen in a few years. I'm still not sure how I feel about that.
- My husband and I have had one major argument in the 8 years we've been together. People don't believe me when I say that but it's true. Wanna know what it was about? Me not staying up north camping and coming home early. We didn't talk for a couple days. The 4 hour drive between our locations made that easier.
- The husband and I haven't slept in the same bed on a regular basis since, I don't know when. We clearly have no problem with the whole baby making process.
- Contrary to what some may think, even though I never shut up, my husband does get a word in edgewise. Sometimes.
- I love that my husband is a DC/Marvel geek.
- We've spent half our married life living with his parents.
- I can picture us in 30, 40 years sitting around watching the grandkids beat each other up in the living room. We'll be the ones laughing maniacally in the corner as their parents wonder how they will survive this.