Skip to main content

I've Got A Two-Fer For Ya

So, we've all heard about the woman who had octuplets yes? I'm not that good at math, this we all know but! I know that means 8. That's seven more than my uterus has seen at any given time. Eight. Good golly miss molly. She has 6 other kids. Ages 2-7, a set of twins in there. Holy shnikey. There are so many things that jump out here. Let's recap shall we?
  1. 14 children seven and under. Hello? Sanity?
  2. There's no mention of a husband or significant other. Um ok. That's odd.
  3. She declared bankruptcy last year and abandoned her two (2!) houses that she owns owned.
  4. She worked at a fertility clinic and was implanted at a fertility clinic - no mention on if it's the same clinic.
  5. Why in holy hell would a physician implant that many embryos into a woman who has six (6!) children? One or two, ok. Eight? Um no.
  6. The grandfather says that they have a much larger house that no one will be able to locate. Danger Will Robinson, Danger!
  7. Said grandfather is also going home to Iraq to make money for the family.
  8. A family friend says the mom doesn't need welfare or help from anyone. She has enough money to raise these kids and she's going to be a great mom.
  9. Again, these children have no father?
  10. If it comes about that these children are in danger because of the reasons behind their conception or that the mother or other family members pose a danger to them, the question then is what do you do? How do you help these kids? Split them up? Find a family who is willing to take them all in, financially, emotionally?

My friends, my genius, nee brilliant, husband has come up with the solution:

Have Brad and Angie adopt them. Think about it. They would be adopting stateside. That's a bonus. That would get people off their butts about always adopting overseas. And? Brangelina gets the ethnic kick to go with the brood. The grandfather is Iraqi and I'm going to go out on limb here and assume that the daughter is as well. I'm just saying that this man of mine has a great idea. I'll send a letter to the Pitt-Jolies straightaway.

All joking aside, there are so many people out there who would do just about anything to have a baby. Some people close to me have been trying for years. Years. With devastating results. Some for their first. Some for just one more. I can understand her not wanting to do selective reduction. I couldn't either. But from every report I've read, this whole thing sounds shady.

What do you think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Has To Be Said

I haven't blogged in 8 months. We bought a house, still unpacking, school started. You know, life. I felt the need, the urgent need to blog about the Adrian Peterson situation today. I am full of all sorts of feelings and had to write about it. I would love to hear your thoughts on this whole thing. No really, I would. I don't feel I was a douchebag in my writing so all I ask is you not be a douchebag in your response. Thanks. My thoughts on the Adrian Peterson situation (but first, some backstory): I was spanked as a child. I'm pretty sure most of us that grew up in the 80s were. Until the summer between 5th and 6th grade I lived in Charelston, SC and from 6th to 11th grade, North Chicaco, IL. I have seen every form of discipline doled out on a child. I've seen spankings, beatings, hairbrushes smacked into heads, spoons hitting the tops of heads, whips, belts and even switches. I've seen it all. Most of you know that my son is named after a little boy who

This, That and The Other

I can already tell that Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to suck ass even more than it normally would at my job. Last night, a guy was telling me how much he gave me, how much he was supposed to get back and THEN told me what order to give it back to him in. Um? Sir? I'm not a twit, ok, I am a twit, but I'm not an idiot. Ok, sometimes I can be. Like that time I moved up to Wisconsin in the middle of a blizzard from nice, warm Tucson, AZ for a dumb boy and we broke up less than two months later. Yeah that sucked but my point is: I've been in retail, just about every job one could have except store manager, for about oh, 19 years. I think I know what I'm doing when it comes to giving change back. Don't talk to me like I'm a 16 yr old kid who's working his first job and doesn't give a shit what kind of work ethic he has. I care about you as a customer but when you're a dick to me and pissing off everyone in my line so they are dicks to me ? Well,

Get Your Motor Running

Something fabulous happened this week. Glorious even. Spectacular. Heaven Sent. (ok that one may be stretching it a bit). I am no longer a stay at home mom with the potential to go crazy because I can't get out of the house with the kids until the husband comes home from work and that could be 1pm or 6pm, it's a crapshoot. My husband has to drive all over the Twin Cities and the surrounding areas to see his customers for work. We have a gas guzzling Explorer that I love (minus the whole gas guzzling part of course). He's put a couple thousand (maybe three or four) on that thing since starting his job in Nov. I was griping to my therapist about how I feel trapped at home. I'm not me anymore. I don't know what I like anymore if it doesn't involve one of the kids. I hated that this was happening. Wow, I sure do go on tangents. (My ex once told me that he has to run mentally to keep up with me conversationally. So true) Last week, we up and got ourselves this bad b