Skip to main content

You'll Have To Excuse Me But....

Shitty shit shit shit mother truckin' frickety shit damn frick n frack

We had a bio scan on the baby today and she scored 6 out 8. That means of the four things they were looking for (blood flow in two areas, breathing movements and regular movements), she did all but regular movements. Maybe she was being lazy, I don't know. Her score though meant I couldn't go home and come back next week for the next scan. I had to go to the back room (I hate that room, no good comes out of that room) and be put on monitors. She still wasn't moving after 15 minutes so they "buzzed" her. They put this wand thing up to my belly and well, buzzed it. She jolted in there and my belly moved about two inches. Prolly scared the merconium out of her. They don't count that as a movement though because it was involuntary. They fed me some orange juice and crackers to get her going. Apparently the breakfast and OJ I had this morning didn't do the trick that it normally does.

After a half hour, she still wasn't doing anything so we had a choice to make. We could either have another scan tomorrow morning and see if she cooperates or we could do an amnio to check her lungs and possibly deliver tonight or tomorrow. I'm not a fan of amnios unless they are really, truly, medically needed. We decided to wait and have another scan tomorrow and see what happens with that one. If she isn't active tomorrow during the scan then we're having a baby tomorrow. I have to keep track of movement, if any, at home today and call in if she still isn't active. 10 kick/roll counts in a two hour period. Fingers crossed. Obviously I'll keep ya'll updated. That's Part One of the Shitty Shitty Bang Bang.

Part Two just breaks my heart. A very, very dear friend of mine found out today she has breast cancer. They think she may not need chemotherapy but will find out more information tomorrow. My prayers are in full on overdrive this week with all the things going on. Hopefully we'll get some well needed good news tomorrow on both fronts.

Part Three: An amazing woman in my family (a second cousin 3 times removed or something like that) passed away two days ago. Sadly, we can't go to the funeral since, well, the baby baking issues prevent it and it's a 3 hour drive for us and at this stage, that's not happening. She was my Grandma's cousin. Harriet was the one we went to when we had old family photos and kept saying "Who the hell is that person?" Chances are, she knew. Even after my Tanta and Grandma died, I would still try to make it to the nursing home to see her whenever I was in town. Harriet and her giggle will be missed by all of us.

SO....I declare today's quota of shitty shit shit news filled. The trifecta is complete. No more please. We've had enough. Thank you, drive through.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Has To Be Said

I haven't blogged in 8 months. We bought a house, still unpacking, school started. You know, life. I felt the need, the urgent need to blog about the Adrian Peterson situation today. I am full of all sorts of feelings and had to write about it. I would love to hear your thoughts on this whole thing. No really, I would. I don't feel I was a douchebag in my writing so all I ask is you not be a douchebag in your response. Thanks. My thoughts on the Adrian Peterson situation (but first, some backstory): I was spanked as a child. I'm pretty sure most of us that grew up in the 80s were. Until the summer between 5th and 6th grade I lived in Charelston, SC and from 6th to 11th grade, North Chicaco, IL. I have seen every form of discipline doled out on a child. I've seen spankings, beatings, hairbrushes smacked into heads, spoons hitting the tops of heads, whips, belts and even switches. I've seen it all. Most of you know that my son is named after a little boy who

This, That and The Other

I can already tell that Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to suck ass even more than it normally would at my job. Last night, a guy was telling me how much he gave me, how much he was supposed to get back and THEN told me what order to give it back to him in. Um? Sir? I'm not a twit, ok, I am a twit, but I'm not an idiot. Ok, sometimes I can be. Like that time I moved up to Wisconsin in the middle of a blizzard from nice, warm Tucson, AZ for a dumb boy and we broke up less than two months later. Yeah that sucked but my point is: I've been in retail, just about every job one could have except store manager, for about oh, 19 years. I think I know what I'm doing when it comes to giving change back. Don't talk to me like I'm a 16 yr old kid who's working his first job and doesn't give a shit what kind of work ethic he has. I care about you as a customer but when you're a dick to me and pissing off everyone in my line so they are dicks to me ? Well,

Trish Needs.......

I did this cause of Suzi, whose page I read religiously - check her out here . I'm going with the top 30 Google responses to "Trish needs" because SO many of them are related to wrestling of which I am a fan but not capable of doing without killing myself and/or the other person (unless it's the husband in bed but we won't go there. No. We won't. His sister reads this! Hi Steph!) I've decided to add commentary where I feel it's needed because, well, because I can. 1. Trish needs to always be in control of the situation and her men (amen to that my friends) 2. Trish needs to get this card off as soon as possible 3. Trish needs to do some serious damage control 4. Trish needs your help (help packing, help mentally, help with laundry, help with Monkey Boy, etc) 5. Trish needs to come to OPS and talk to all counselors & supervisors 6. Trish needs a makeover ( I don't think it's THAT bad!) 7. Trish needs an intervention (I do not have an Oreo pr