Skip to main content

Perpetual Motion People

I have experienced it today.

I don't think there was a time (other than when I was driving) today that my body wasn't moving. Oh let's not get crazy and think that I was exercising because that? That would get you committed to the loony bin. No, I gave up exercising last year and have been toying with the idea of starting up again but gosh, doesn't that mean I have to exert...what's that called? Energy? Yeah, that stuff? Doesn't exist in my body. I've looked. My kids have Puh-lenty of it though. If only.....

The Littlest Little had an ultrasound today and of course, we were misinformed on whether the doctor would talk to me afterwards or not. I was told he would be talking to me, the technician informed me (albeit nicely) that I would get a phone call on Monday. Awesome :::insert sarcasm::: The baby did well, was ogled by the nurses and declared so cute and oh my! Look at those chubby cheeks. Yes, thank you, I bake good looking babies. They get that cuteness from their father.

Got home from the fiasco at the hospital to learn that the Girl hasn't peed all day. I'm talking it was 2-ish when I heard this. And she screams every time she coughs and she refused to even try peeing for Grandma. This happened yesterday and I was able to talk her into trying and finally she peed. Today though was a losing battle on my part. The poor thing just screamed and screamed. I took her to the doctor yesterday for a strep test (negative - whew!) and had called them back today because she couldn't stop coughing last night and got little sleep (and my mother in law - who's awe. some. - didn't get enough sleep either since they sleep in the same room). In between the phone call and the nurse calling me back (I didn't know if I should bring her back in) we tried to pee. We screamed. We cried. I called the nurses back and (thankfully) she was screaming in the background and I was told to bring her in right away.

Now my sweet, diva-like four year old has been down this road before. This is her fifth or sixth UTI. She's had the scan on the kidneys to make sure those valve flap thingies are ok.* She remembers, almost two years later, how much it hurt to have a catheter put in. I felt her pain, believe me. So we're at the doctor's and I tell her she has to pee in the white hat**. She cries no, I say yes. Finally I just break it down. "You have to try to pee in the hat or they will put a catheter in you and I will not lie child, it will hurt worse than peeing." We got an entire specimen cup full. Yay Mama. The doc let us know it was a UTI and off we went with a script for antibiotics. 

All of this comes on the heels of taking my sister in law (Hi Fluffy!) and her Monkey to the clinic yesterday (after my older girl's appt). I had a fun time there though. The Monkey cracks me up. We picked up lunch after the appt and were pleasantly surprised that Kota got off work early so I stayed and visited for awhile. That was a good day. Today? Yeah, um not so much.

At least the day is almost over. I think I'm taking the girls to a sesquicentennial celebration. tomorrow. I'm still working on the logistics plus the pros and cons of going solo with the babe and the girl. The husband is feeling like pooh and there would be sensory overload for the boy so I would need a backup adult. Don't feel bad for either of them though, they'll get to sleep in, the husband will have something sports/politics related to watch and the boy with have his video games. I think I'll just see how I feel when I was up. I never told the girl about it so if I choose not to go, she won't be heartbroken. Ha! Mean Mama!

*totally and completely legit medical terminology. maybe.
**you know what I mean, that white thing that sits in between the toilet and the seat to catch the pee. you know it's looks like a flying nun hat (habit? habit hat?)

oh and I missed blogging yesterday, sleep won out. oh well, still only missed 5 days this year. good job self.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Has To Be Said

I haven't blogged in 8 months. We bought a house, still unpacking, school started. You know, life. I felt the need, the urgent need to blog about the Adrian Peterson situation today. I am full of all sorts of feelings and had to write about it. I would love to hear your thoughts on this whole thing. No really, I would. I don't feel I was a douchebag in my writing so all I ask is you not be a douchebag in your response. Thanks. My thoughts on the Adrian Peterson situation (but first, some backstory): I was spanked as a child. I'm pretty sure most of us that grew up in the 80s were. Until the summer between 5th and 6th grade I lived in Charelston, SC and from 6th to 11th grade, North Chicaco, IL. I have seen every form of discipline doled out on a child. I've seen spankings, beatings, hairbrushes smacked into heads, spoons hitting the tops of heads, whips, belts and even switches. I've seen it all. Most of you know that my son is named after a little boy who

This, That and The Other

I can already tell that Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to suck ass even more than it normally would at my job. Last night, a guy was telling me how much he gave me, how much he was supposed to get back and THEN told me what order to give it back to him in. Um? Sir? I'm not a twit, ok, I am a twit, but I'm not an idiot. Ok, sometimes I can be. Like that time I moved up to Wisconsin in the middle of a blizzard from nice, warm Tucson, AZ for a dumb boy and we broke up less than two months later. Yeah that sucked but my point is: I've been in retail, just about every job one could have except store manager, for about oh, 19 years. I think I know what I'm doing when it comes to giving change back. Don't talk to me like I'm a 16 yr old kid who's working his first job and doesn't give a shit what kind of work ethic he has. I care about you as a customer but when you're a dick to me and pissing off everyone in my line so they are dicks to me ? Well,

Get Your Motor Running

Something fabulous happened this week. Glorious even. Spectacular. Heaven Sent. (ok that one may be stretching it a bit). I am no longer a stay at home mom with the potential to go crazy because I can't get out of the house with the kids until the husband comes home from work and that could be 1pm or 6pm, it's a crapshoot. My husband has to drive all over the Twin Cities and the surrounding areas to see his customers for work. We have a gas guzzling Explorer that I love (minus the whole gas guzzling part of course). He's put a couple thousand (maybe three or four) on that thing since starting his job in Nov. I was griping to my therapist about how I feel trapped at home. I'm not me anymore. I don't know what I like anymore if it doesn't involve one of the kids. I hated that this was happening. Wow, I sure do go on tangents. (My ex once told me that he has to run mentally to keep up with me conversationally. So true) Last week, we up and got ourselves this bad b